Saturday, November 28, 2015

Social Media Break, Day Three

I'm changing the title of this series to Social Media Break rather than keeping with Social Media Free. I really am more on a Social Media Break than attempting to be free of Social Media, so this title makes better sense in my opinion.

I'm going to try to keep today's entry short because I'm full, I'm tired and I might be a little buzzed. Remember kids, tryptophan, insulin crash and alcohol do not mix. Not even a new episode of Doctor Who can keep me up tonight.

Today was generally not a good day. To borrow a quote for George R. R. Martin's Not A Blog on LiveJournal, life is miserable and full of pain. UCLA lost today to USC in football. It's time like this that I wonder why I am a sports fan at all. It has gotten to the point where most of the time that I watch any of my teams play, I'm more hoping that they don't lose than I am hoping that they win. When my team wins, I feel more of a temporary relief than anything else. Sure, there are times when I feel immense joy, like when my Giants won the World Series for the first time since they moved to San Francisco. Actually, that one was both immense relief and immense joy. Regardless, the moral is that I experience less joy as each year passes. I need to rediscover the love for sports. I also need to let go of that sadness when my team loses. That is one of the worst superficial emotional pains out there.

The bright side of taking a social media break during this time period is that I cannot see what the other fan base is saying. That helps ease the pain a little. The scotch is helping with the rest of that pain. lol. My Facebook feed is going to be loving the fact that I'm taking a break right now, cause I could totally see another round of drunken video postings coming up, if this deadly trio of typtophan, alcohol and insulin crash doesn't knock me out first.

In other news, I've held out on buying a Nexus 9 so far. My resolve is holding strong. I needed some help from Marie-Reine and Nicole, but so far so good. That is such a good deal, but it is a piece of technology that would hold no use for me other than being a semi-dedicated Chromecast remote and a possible vehicle for a secondary Clash of Clans account. The fact that I'm even thinking of getting a tablet for that Clash of Clans thing is reason enough why I shouldn't get it. It is such a frivolous piece of tech that I don't need. But, a discount of $200 is just soooooo good. I'll think more about this later.

In a bit of blog news, I was surprised to see that my last two blog posts have received some views out there. I mean, who the hell is reading this. lol. I didn't think I had an audience out there, but my Blogger stats say that it's being viewed out there. That's just crazy. I swear I'm not this insane, although I really might just be this boring. haha

And I'm now laughing at my own bad jokes. I think that is a sign that I need to sign off for the night. My last day of my hella long weekend ends tomorrow. I really should go out and enjoy the day tomorrow. Good thing I was able to finish Jessica Jones this weekend. That show was hella good. I highly recommend it.

Well, that's it for now. I'll try to shoehorn a blog post tomorrow. Laters.

No comments:

Post a Comment