Sunday, November 29, 2015

Social Media Break, Day Four

Full disclosure early on: I had to go to Google Plus quickly today to turn off a Community notification. Getting email notifications is a quick way back to perusing social media sites regularly again.

Other that that quick peek into social media, I felt pretty good today. The urge to go and check what other people are posting does diminish over times. I didn't realize how much checking social media is like any other addiction. Going by my old smoking addiction, the toughest part is always the beginning. If I can get legitimately get through a week, then I'll be okay and the next three weeks should be a breeze. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

And speaking of addictions and new habits, Monday is the start of a new week and the end of the Thanksgiving weekend. A friend and I are going to start to hold each other accountable on our new diets. She and I had a weight loss challenge last year, and because of that competition, we both lost a ton of weight. Holding each other accountable should be great for us again this year. My biggest challenge is always sugar and chocolates. I have a sweet tooth, particularly for sugar. Last year, I cut out sugar for about a month and that helped to kick start a 30 pound weight loss. If I can do that until Christmas Eve, then I'll be golden. That's not really all that long from now, right? Right?

Monday is going to be a big test for my social media break, particularly during those work down times. I think I can get through those periods. I try not to check Facebook on my work computer a lot anyway. The bigger test will be trying to save articles and stuff on Google Plus for me to check later. I wonder if that counts as checking social media if all I'm doing is stashing an article away somewhere. That might not count as going on social media. This might be easier than I thought. Those sound like some famous last words on a completely non-binding pledge. lol

Looks like this is going to be a short entry today. I wonder if this is a trend or if this is just a by-product of a very uneventful Sunday. I guess we'll find out tomorrow. See y'all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment