Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Social Media Break, Day Five

I forgot to blog last night. Maybe that's why I'm so gorram early. You know, health professionals all say that you have to get proper amounts of sleep and all that, but when you have "trained" your body to survive off 5-6 hours of sleep, do you know what typically happens? Your body decides that you want to now wake up after about 5-6 hours of sleep. This is bollocks, man. Absolutely bollocks. I should be sleeping for at least another hour and a half before I finally decided to get up at 4am. Maybe the scotch last night wasn't such a good idea.

I honestly think that Facebook knows when people are trying to take a break from their site. Randomly yesterday, I get an email that one of my friends had changed their status. I immediately thought that I had been tagged in it, so I messaged my friend to see what was the message. Nope. I wasn't tagged in any message. Effing Facebook, man. It's like their algorithm realizes that an account has gone dark for 5 whole days and it tries to get you back. That is just super shady. I don't know if that is exactly what happened, but I don't think people necessarily get emails of their friends changing their status when you aren't tagged in the stats. Curiouser and curiouser.

I survived the work day without having to succumb to going on social media. Yay, me. Let's see if I can survive a second work day. One day at a time, right? Why do I sound like I'm in some sort of 12 step program. This isn't like a real addiction, is it? I mean, social media is just a habit forming diversion to our every day normal lives, right?

I was reminded again yesterday that everyone has a different meaning to the word "interesting" based on their own life experiences. A friend of mine was lamenting on Monday that her life and weekend was boring and that nothing interesting really happens in her life. And yet, when we talk about all of the different things that have happened, she always has experiences that I consider as interesting and fascinating. I guess, I'm far more on the boring scale of life, which is fairly true. Adventure. Excitement. A Jedi craves not these things. Okay, that was seriously the dorkiest thing I have ever done, and I have done a lot of dorky things. lol

Anyways, that's it for now. I'll try to remember to blog again tonight. I don't know how many more mundane things I can talk about. See y'all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment