Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Social Media Break, Day Seven

So, it has been a week since I tried this little Social Media Break experiment. What have I learned?

I've learned that I can totally justify checking some notifications all in the name of not wanting to look like a jerk to people that I know.

I've learned that I still am hella wordy. I don't think I'm verbose because verbosity means that I actually some sort of command of vocabulary. I just like to talk.

I've learned that I am hella behind on some pop culture stuff, like Adele's new single, Hello.

I've learned that I looooooove Adele new single, Hello.

I've learned that I loooooove covers of Adele's new single, Hello, particularly the cover by Sabrina Carpenter. I can't get enough of this song.

I've learned that I don't really miss social media that much, particularly my big three of social media: Facebook, Twitter, Google+.

I think this social media break will be an annual tradition for me, provided that I remember to do so. I also have to see if I can actually last until Christmas or Christmas Eve before I start planning future breaks.

I'm sure that there is a lot more things that I've learned in the past week. I am definitely overlooking somethings. I might also be subconsciously leaving out a few things.

This isn't something that I've learned in the past week, but this is something that I need to write out there: I still have my issues, particularly my issues with being needy and looking for self-worth in other people's opinions. I don't know if that makes sense. N says it much better than I could. This ties into a deeper issue of not actually truly believing that people like me for who I am. That issue then goes into a new found discovery that I know that I'm not always completely honest with myself. I know that I can't trust myself, and if I can't trust myself, then I don't know if I can trust my normal everyday actions. I don't think I'm a "phony" in an sense (shout out to Holden Caulfield), but I don't know if my normal actions are really what I think and feel or if it is what I think people expect me to do, or the type of action that I believe is "socially acceptable."

Woah. That got semi-deep all of a sudden. I don't know if this blog is ready for that. Alls I know is, cancel your subscription cause you don't want none of these issues. hahaha. I can't take any credit for that saying. I heard it on a radio show about 15 years ago.

Well, that's going to be it for today. I really am okay. Writing has been therapeutic in a way. I haven't regularly blogged since I blogged my way through the Insanity Workout program. The tale end of those posts can be seen here and here. The beginning of that series can still be found on my old LiveJournal. I really do miss writing blogs. I just need to figure out how I want to blog moving forward.

See y'all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment