Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Social Media Break, Day Six

It is a good thing that I'm attempting to take a break from social media because I have discovered my new emo song: Hello by Adele.



Yes, I am a bit behind in the times. Hell, people should be happy that I've discovered a new song from this year that isn't Taylor Swift. lol

I think the version of this song that I really like is the cover by Sabrina Carpenter of Girl Meets World fame:



Sabrina Carpenter sings her heart out on this version. She matches Adele's emotion from the original, at least from what I can tell. I'm no music expert. I'm just a guy who can appreciate someone pouring out their emotion in song.

Anywho, it really is a good thing that I'm taking a social media break because I would be sooooo plastering my Facebook feed with this song and other covers. Hell, I probably would have posted a new cover a day until I couldn't find any more of them, or until my friends all told me to shut the hell up. lol.

Gawd, this song is so haunting. I mean, the lyrics in a way don't make a whole lot sense. Why would you want to talk to someone when you've caused them a lot of pain and you've seen them finally move on? Is this just a desire to see if the other person still feels something for you? I don't get it. Maybe I'm not really supposed to get it, and it really doesn't matter. I mean, the voice and the way the song is sung is just soooo good. This song channels my inner 13 yo girl. No, I am not a 13 yo girl, though my friends would totally say that I act like one. lol

Well, that's it for today. I think I'm getting a bit better with this desire to always be checking social media. It's a bit tough when you want to share something, like a new found emo song and the million covers out there that just need to be shared, but I guess that's what this blog is for, right? That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment